How do I become a Curus member? To initiate services, call us at 888-674-4852 or email us at info[email protected]. It’s simple.
When can I use my Curus membership? Anytime! Managing your healthcare at this level is ongoing, even while your focus is elsewhere. We have your back, 24/7/365.
How do I know Curus is finding the best specialists for my family? Because Curus is completely independent of any medical centers or healthcare systems, we are free to recommend specialists best suited for our members and their specific needs. When finding the best specialist Curus always takes into account its member specific needs. For example, balancing family dislocation with the expertise with the out of town specialists to determine what is really the best course of treatment.
How do I access my medical records? As a Curus member, you will have a membership card with your personalized access information and member portal instructions. Your Personal Health Concierge is also always available to access the information for you.
As a Curus member, can you speak to my physicians on my behalf? Yes, by signing the Authorization for the Use and Disclosure of Individually Identifiable Health Information form, we can fully assist you with access to your medical providers and their records. We can also speak to any family members (and only those family members) that you authorize.
Is my medical information secure? Yes, your Electronic Health Records are stored with the technology to safeguard and protect your information. Our system, uses secure encryption and all communications remain confidential per the signed HIPPA agreements.
Is Curus right for me?
You don’t need Curus’s healthcare management solutions if…
- Your PCP is available to you 24/7/365.
- You know just the right specialist to go to when necessary and how to get an appointment without waiting 3 – 6 months.
- Your medical records are complete, accurate and easily accessible.
- You can call your doctor back as many times as you need to with as many questions as you have. Time of day doesn’t matter.
- You do not need any back up in an emergency. You can handle it.
- You are happy to be examined by the physician’s assistant. You do not need to see your doctor or speak to her/him on the phone.
- You are content to have your medications prescribed by multiple physicians. You do not see the benefit of a clinical pharmacist reviewing your prescriptions for negative interactions or cost containment.
- You have plenty of time to stay on the phone and coordinate your care. You especially enjoy the repeat conversations, dropped calls and multiple faxes. Inaction is considered a plus and can be very exciting.
- You feel great and do not see the the need to pay for healthcare services you are not using. You do not need a plan in place.
- You never have medical emergencies, and do not expect to have one any time soon.
- You do not need anyone to advise you about your health insurance. You fully understand it.
- With a diagnosis of great concern, you certainly do not need a second opinion at a medical center of excellence. And if you want one, you can coordinate it yourself.